Are you looking for a fun and rewarding full-time job serving people who are a pleasure to be around? Good Shepherd Community is searching for a full-time Activities Assistant who is an always-smiling, dedicated, enthusiastic, creative, and giving individual to collaborate and coordinate with the other members of our Good Shepherd Activities team. This employee will facilitate existing programs and develop new programs for our community of seniors. Responsibilities can include anything from leading chair exercises, facilitating games and crafts, driving or accompanying residents on group excursions, preparing flyers and calendars on the computer, to helping with seasonal decorations and parties. All programs will promote the health, wellness, safety and happiness of our residents.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- The ability to build rapport with our residents through an upbeat, compassionate, calm, and caring demeanor;
- The ability to work well with others on a team, as well as the ability to work individually with minimal supervision;
- A self-starter, who sees what needs to be done and gets to work;
- Organizational and time-management skills;
- Computer proficiency Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook (Desktop publishing is a plus);
- Ability to climb stairs and walk from building to building on our campus as well as throughout or buildings for the distribution of newsletters, calendars, or for other materials or purposes;
- Ability to assist with indoor and outdoor decorations and to set up and tear down for events;
- Ability to lead chair exercise classes;
- Ability to drive residents as needed in our community’s van.
The work environment for this position varies from an office setting, to walking throughout our various buildings, as well as walking from building to building, stairclimbing, and facilitating occasional outdoor activities. A love of outdoors, especially gardening and fishing, is a plus.
The schedule for this position is FULL-TIME Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm. BENEFITS: Paid Time Off (PTO), 9 paid holidays, Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurances as well as Federal Credit Union available. Pay rate: $15/hour
Good Shepherd Community is an EEO employer, is a Drug-free Workplace. Successful completion of a drug screen and criminal records check is a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time.